Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Capoeira as a dance

Capoeira is nice martial art.

The Afro-Brazilian martial art that can be considered or confused as a dance, whoever you're talking to. Some people think it's stupid. Some people think it's wonderful. Whatever they feel, it's rather big, and at the same time, it's not. The interesting about Capoeira is that, to me, it's everywhere, but a lot of my friends really don't know what it is, or even never heard of it. I see giant roda's, small roda's, containing people of different walks of life that practice it. It had its origins in Africa and/or Brazil and then, somehow, into todays world, made its way to Japan, Israel, the US, Canada, and different parts of Europe. You name it, Capoeira is probably there, SOMEWHERE.

Even in a town like Rochester.

It's been a great past 3 weeks for me and capoeira. Coming from 2 quarters of an endless barrage of work, I was so out of practice when I started practicing again a couple of weeks before the ImagineRIT event, and then a week after, the Batizado. I hated it. I hated not being able to play and I hated being so out of practice. Work takes priority, does it not?

Nevertheless, playing week after week in the last couple of weeks have been great. It has reinvigorated my willingness to improve, especially when the Batizado came along. It was my first all day event, and it was the first time in a while since I've played someone from outside of the club. Trying new things was refreshing. Playing new people made me wonder how my game can improve. In small steps? Leaps and bounds? We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark and Share

Sponsor Links

No-Nonesense Muscle Building
Take Just 6 Minutes To Read This Page!
Train like a bodybuilder to become a bodybuilder
http://www.vincedelmontefitness.com

Lose Fat and Gain Muscle With Turbulence Training
5 Fat Loss Myths!
Can’t Lose Fat and Gain Muscle at the Same Time!
http://www.turbulencetraining.com

There's a Reason That You Have Excess Stomach Fat
Ab exercises like crunches
You DON'T need to waste your money on expensive "extreme fat burner" pills!
www.truthaboutabs.com